12 August 2006

Dinner on Me

Last night, Jena & Adam and Laura & Barry came over for dinner. I cooked. The parents cleaned up. Very therapeutic. Then we all went to Sweet Life for dessert. It all added up to quite a decadent evening.


Here’s the Israeli salad recipe, the best I’ve ever made:
4 small plum tomatoes
2 cukes, peeled
3 scallions
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup fresh mint
1/4 cup fresh dill
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon

I personally would have used more tomatoes, but maybe my cukes were just too big. The most important part of Israeli salad is chopping the veggies very small. Not fine, just small. The dill was particularly good with the mint and cucumbers.
I also made spiced roast lamb and roasted red peppers and feta, but those aren’t kosher, especially together, so it’s better not to say anything about them, in case I am ever audited by the “Are-you-Converted-Enough-Inquisition-Society-of-Jews-for-the-Purity-of-Keeping-out-non-Orthodox-Converts”.


Site Meter

No comments: