17 November 2005

Here We Go

Well, here we go.
I have officially joined the world of bloggers. Amazing, though, I didn't even know what a blog was until a few months ago. At my age, I should be on the uptake for every new thing that comes out. Then again, most of the time I just don't care. There used to be a time when people had entire books, no, entire libraries memorized and could recite them at will. It's not that our brains have de-evolved (well, most of us anyway), but because we are more worried about our ipods, automobiles, and blogs than actually stopping and feeling and listening; either way, its lost into a world of fantasy and unreality inside a little box people stare into for hours on end. Sure, I am the one who always says that it doesn't matter if you have information stuffed into your brain; what matters is if you know where to find the information. Sure, this is true for many things. But all absolutes are dangerous...
In our time there is a general assumption that the more information we have (up to infinity), the better off we are. Is this true?

Well, this is only the beginning of the end (or the end of the beginning, whichever you prefer). But time is short and sleep is a beloved necessity. My dreamworld calls.

Signing off,
Tif'eret

No comments: